Sunday, September 22, 2013

Unexpected discovery

  Since Agurts was involved in the war, books and notebooks are all nationalized. We can only read books at the schools or assigned locations under stringent rules. With no more trees can be used to make paper, some nationals use reusable plant fiber and sap to make notebooks. They write down what they have seen or learned in the notebook so most of the content of these notebooks is about the daily lives.

  Bob's notebook contains knowledge ranging from astronomy, geography, mechanics, plants, to even cooking skills. The information are fragmented but involve different areas. I found a scenery picture with some white flowers which I have never seen, scattered on a piece of grassland. The petals of these flowers are white and the stamens are in yellow. The form of these flowers is simple, yet by looking at the picture I can feel an unprecedented peace. I start to wonder if Bob has ever been to this place, or if this place still exists now. What will I do if I have the chance to be there? In fact, I am not sure whether the notebook belongs to Bob as it does not show Bob's name. I went through the notes and noticed some unusual stains. At first I thought these stains are due to the reusable paper but after taking a closer look, these stains are actually composing irregular patterns and they look like different signs. I start to suspect these signs are used to communicate with others.